Originally Posted by jds44
Funny how the thread has turned into a pissing match about handguns vs spray for grizzlies when the original post was about handguns for defense from humans on the AT. The funniest part is the guy screaming the loudest about spray and grizzlies is also the guy yelling at everyone to stay on topic.

Anyway, the biggest threat around these parts (TN) is meth cookers, pot growers, and the meth heads looking for $ for their next score. It may not have been that way when Brad hiked the AT at 16, but it is today. I carry everywhere it's legal and there's no reason not to when hiking. Like most of us, I hope to God to never have to use my gun in self defense, but I want the option if the need ever does arise.

I ran into an �alleged� meth head 2 week ago.

Watched him hit a deer on the road with his Corvette.

Watched him beat up his girlfriend and throw her in the ditch.

When I got her in my truck she had a cigarette burn under her eye where he �allegedly� held his cigarette to teach her a lesson earlier.

He returned to the scene moments after the Deputy arrived ( 20 min response time) and I got to see a high speed chase.

Deputy took him into custody at gun point. Funny cause he had both a Taser and Hot Sauce but for some reason chose the �less effective pistol�.

A can of hot sauce would not have made me feel very comfortable waiting on the Calvary but the M&P on my belt helped a little. The 16 inch carbine helped even more. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.