I have not seen a situation here in BC hunting where I thought that Sitka or Kuiu gear would improve my safety, comfort or hunting success. I certainly have no quarrel with anyone who chooses to buy and use this gear wherever they may hunt, but, I consider it over-priced and the fitting is not workable for many hunters as they seem to think that only 20-something boy models actually hunt and wear clothing designed for that purpose.

Certainly, one DOES require GOOD gear for hunting in the mountains and in any remote area, where you may be dependent on just yourself and a partner to cope with any emergencies/injuries, but, this does not mean that one MUST buy and wear 1000s of $$$$$ worth of the latest, "high tech" and "kewl" clothing.

For, general uses, I find Cabela's Micro-Tex to be both functional and reasonable in cost and for colder conditions, I like Filson's woolen pants as well as the merino base layers/tops made by several firms, "Ice Breaker" has been my favourite and I like to wear 2-4 thinner layers rather than one heavy one or even WPB shell clothing, these under HH Impertech in the worst rain...and, I am going to buy a grey "Neoshell" parka from Westcomb, as this stuff is just incredible, based on over a year using my "APOC" in Vancouver's WET climate.

So, there are LOTS of options, I also like the light, peached nylon pants for a lot of outdoor stuff and, costly, but, superb and US-made, NOT china stuff, the "tactical" clothing from "Wild Things".