Originally Posted by brymoore
I bought a pair of Sporthill 3SP pants and returned them. They felt too much like wearing sweat pants.

I tried KUIU attack pants. I wasn't impressed.

The pants I use the most are Cabelas Microtec, military BDUs and surplus military wool pants. BDUs are the most comfortable but are 50/50 cotton/poly. I won't wear them if I'm expecting wet weather. Microtecs are great pants and dry quickly. The wool pants are worn when the highs are below 40 degrees.

The Sporthill 3SP clothing is designed for colder weather, that stuff is way too warm for hunting in Aug-Sept. I've got a pair of the original camo (looks like they spray painted them) Sporthill pants and the only time I wear them is when it's 20� or colder outside. This is where these pants really shine. I wore them on a mid Oct moose hunt, there was over 2 feet of snow on the ground and the temps never got about 25�. I never once got cold and I stayed dry even while hiking through all that snow.

For early season hunting, the Core4 stuff is hard to beat but after reading some reviews on the Kryptek gear I think that is next on the list. Not too sure about their new camo pattern but i've heard good things about the clothing.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead