Okanagan;
Thanks for the chuckle this evening sir - I can just picture the granola hiker's reaction. wink

A few years ago here on the 'Fire when the subject of lightweight pants came up, I believe it was you who suggested to me to try 100% wool dress pants picked up at a thrift store.

So when the local Value Village opened up I combed the racks and came up with a pair of Canadian Armed Forces dress pants -100% wool and a tight, tough weave - for $6.

I liked them so much I picked up another pair of pants labeled from a men's shop in Edmonton and again Canadian made - for another $6.

So help me until the snow hits and it freezes hard up on the mountain behind the house I hunt in those thrift store pants - in combination with Stanfield's lightweight wool underwear when it gets cooler.

Now admittedly it's fairly dry here - most years not this one as mentioned - but so far I'm more than satisfied with the light wool pants in warmer weather. If they rip in half I'm out $6 and so far I've not managed to tear a single hole in them.

For the record and Okanagan can verify this, I'm all of 5'6" with my arms waving in the air - so when someone who can double as a lawn gnome has to traverse BC mountain shin tangle its not unusual for clothing (pants) to suffer. laugh

Oh, the one thing I would say is it might be a good idea to take a belt of the same width used hunting along to the thrift store as some dress pants have a thin belt loops.

Hopefully that was some use to someone out there Okanagan. All the best to you and yours in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 11/12/13. Reason: wrong waiver/waver

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"