Of late, the ML season is Co has been wetter than usual.
I had a set of the expensive Cabelas packable raingear and they don't hold up. This year I have a set of Bass Pro, not packable, but heavier. They were 1/2 the price.

Strolling thru Cabelas yesterday in Lone tree, I checked all the rain gear out. Ain't no way in hell I am paying $300 for a jacket or pants or even $150.

When in the saddle. I throw a heavy duty pauncho over the saddle, with the horn sticking out of the head opening, then I put on the rain gear. I am very dry that way, even in heavy downpours and all my gear/tack stays dry. For snow use, I have a set of insulated bib's I got on sale at Dick's for 1/2 price. About $50. They keep me warm and they are almost water proof.
I guess I could se it if you are guiding or such and out in the weather for several months at a time or maybe Alaska where it is always wet.

Guys that are buying this stuff have a heck of a lot more money that I do.

I tend to not hunt in the rain or a snow storm. I have found the animals hole up and hunting success goes way down. I do like they do. If I am out and about, I hunker down under some big pine tree and wait it out. If I get up in the AM and it is snowing or raining, I go back to bed. Hunting is suppose to be fun, and getting soaked or even being out in the rain or snow isn't. When you get older with a few more rings under your bark, you get smarter.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles