Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
JG --

The tinkering I suggested really doesn't take much work. A few minutes and all is good.

I consider the Kimber ergo's to be the best of the best. I love the weight and the CRF action. The trigger is as good as any after market hunting trigger I've encountered. Stainless, ADL, nice factory stock --- great value for $1100.

You summed it up pretty well Darrik.

I used to be one of those guys that never owned/shot a Kimber and always wondered why guys were willing to play 'Kimber Roulette'. Or have to 'fiddle with them' to get 'em to shoot.

Negative reports from 6-8 years ago were fairly common. I bought a couple (new)Sako's instead of Kimbers just because I wanted a really 'accurate' rifle. Hell I didn't even reload at the time!

For the last 10 months the only rifle I ever want use/bring along is that 243 Kimber. I just love the way it handles and carries. Great stock, great trigger, nice action, it's a rifle that can actually get used and basically last forever.

JG, the .243 with one of Pat's MT slings and 4 cartridges weighs 6 lb 11 oz..

Should be around 6.5lbs with just the rifle and scope.

A .308 would be even lighter with it's skinnier barrel. Too light for me but that is subjective. The 243 and 257 models have plenty of barrel, handle great, not whippy at all. I would love to get an 84L in 270.