Originally Posted by jwp475

I do not agree with his take on armament, but you guys seem to forget that he is younger than JJ, but in such poor health that he needed the help to recover the animal and he sought the help needed. He also told the exactly as it happened and sugar coated none of it. You guys are way to self righteous.

Some may be self-righteous, but I'm certainly not intending to be so at all.

The bold part is the part that I, and perhaps others, disagree with. The telling exactly as is happens doesn't align with the obvious difference between claimed shot angle and actual shot impact/result. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't get into the blowhard diatribe about how only an "ubermagnum" could have killed that bear or been used to make that shot, when in fact the bear was killed the next day with a .44 magnum handgun and the shot taken could have been made with a myriad of weapons. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't involve the obvious and ridiculous claim as to the capabilities of the truck used to drag the carcass out of the gulley.

Safariman does have medical and physical difficulties that limit his activities. That has little to do with the above, and at least to me nothing to do with my take on his story.

Hey, I'm glad he got out bear hunting and glad he got a bear. I'm also glad that he has friends willing to pitch in and help him out. All of that is great. How he regales it and how he presents that information, himself, and the actual hunt, though, leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Obviously, YMMV.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.