Originally Posted by safariman
And, you are probably right on. But, when a man is helping you with towing something out like he was, it certainly is no time to question his claims or other details of his prize build and toy. Regardless of the exact amount of cable, it is an ingenious and amazing as well as useful concotion and effort.

Sort of like "You don't look a gift horse in the mouth" At least not in front of the giver of said gift. IF he had told me it was a HUNDRED miles of cable, I would have smiled and complimented him on his fine machine, while enjoying the benefits of it in hauling my bear up and out of a nasty canyon.

Agreed. But, if all you were doing was quoting the owner, why put emphasis on the amount of cable the way you did without having actual, factual lnowledge of thhe amount of cable?

Maybe simply stating that the landowner had a very ingeneious way of retrieving large game animals via a truck bed mounted winch.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell