Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
....don't take my word for it, you can look it up.
I don't need to look it up because I see people every day. I even see some that I know well enough that they've said what they weigh.

Smokepole is correct, but what the charts do not take into account is muscle mass and build type...probably compiled by skinny little rat like creatures in the insurance industry.

That's how I used to think. I ran the numbers on myself and came up as "overweight.". No way, and my wife and friends agreed. Then I dropped 15 lbs. And a few inches.

This has been in the news here lately. A study was done here in Colorado, which is consistently among the lowes. Of the 2 or 3 US states in terms of the percentage of the population that's overweight or obese. The results of the study showed that most people have lost the ability to correctly judge what is overweight or obese.

How can that be? It's simple--most people are overweight. If you ask the average person if they consider themselves overweight, they'll invariably say no. If you ask them if they could stand to lose 10 pounds, they'll say "of course, can't e erybody?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.