Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by Boxer

A 0.5BC+ projectile travelin' at 3000fps is called a 243Win. If it horns you up,to go to a long action and introduce a bunch more powder and increase recoil/noise to dupe same...

It's a fairly simple concept, except for those that think numbers are meaningless, then its like talking to a wall...
Killed this Red Hartebeest at 350 yds with a .30-06 and 180 gr Nosler Partitions at 2750 fps. Tell me how BC killed this animal?

[Linked Image]

AFAIC,it was shot placement and bullet performance.

Nice job.

That's in essence what I was getting at with my comment on numbers not really mattering. Send a decent game bullet at decent speed from a reasonably accurate rifle, and point it in the right direction. Dead game. Simple as that. Some of these guy's ability to nitpick a conversation apart is nothing short of mother-in-law worthy.

The 270 embodies a really nice balance of factors which make it one of our top big game rounds. Lots of good hunting bullets specifically designed for it's velocity window. In the 270, it's not at all hard to come up with usable velocity without having to push the pressure envelope. Availability of components and good factory ammo just about everywhere. Factory rifles are generally throated correctly, and one need not worry about magazine length issues. Factory rifles in 270 Win also tend to shoot quite well, at least in my experience. All in a combo that won't kick too hard for most folks. What's not to love? The 270 Win is the cartridge many are compared to, but none quite match.