fluffy,

I rather love the 223AI on Venison to 500yds+ and I hear it do nice thangs up close too. Have got a hunch,that I've prolly shot a 7-08 too. Have even suffered Turdy-Turdies,as well as [bleep] 270's to boot.

The ONLY way to maximize any/all chamberings,is due boolit selection.

Now lemme fuel your Imagination and connect some more dots.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

4th,

75A-Max at 15yds via Samtucky,last Fall. Another boolit poor poor stupid [bleep] PG has never shot,yet feels "experienced" enough to comment upon.

[Linked Image]

Hell,I mighta even shot a 120X in a 7-08 once.(grin)

500yd++ Holler Point(105Hornie HPBT) from last Fall and yet another that PG has never shot,but feels "experienced" enough to comment upon.

[Linked Image]

Luckily Imagination and Pretend are free,so she can "contribute".(grin)

dooshmike,

A 45-70 is a series of heavy compromises,that bears little fruit. That as a function of it's case design,boolit designs and the very platforms in which it is housed. Piss poor trade of performance to recoil,if only for starters.

Noone likes 15yd broadsides more than I,but there's just sumptin' soothin' about light done right,flingin' great boolits. Conjoin said handy parcel with S/S and a synthetic handle of repute and if you ain't careful...you'll be having FUN and dreaming up fresh reasons to go shoot even more. With that increase in round count,"luck" grows in non-lineal fashion and before you know it,you's connectin' dots on "accident".

When is the last time you rattled through 500+ rounds of 45-70 in a day?!?(grin)

Killing schit is beyond easy,if you wish it to be and such things interest me. Fact is...it always has.

Hint.

Noone ever got good with a rifle,by talkin' about it and the one thing these Threads all have in common,is that when it's all said and done,there's going to have been a [bleep] of a lot more said...than done.

My crummy is warmin' up now and there's better than a dozen rifles in it.(grin)