[u]
Originally Posted by Boxer

'nut,

I'd MUCH rather tote a S/A 6.5/140 of repute at 2800fps,than any/all things 270Win. That's alotta ass,in a tidy parcel,replete with veddy forgiving mild mannerisms. Light done right has no equal and I hear good thangs about S/S and them thar plasteeque handles.(grin)

A 270Win is easily bitch slapped in a S/A,if only to the chagrin of them who only shoot their mouths and Imaginations.(grin)

Adding drop,drift,noise and expense along with increased recoil...ain't much to swoon,unless of course you "do" as "much" as The Paper Hat Brigade.

Laffin'!

I "do" a bit more than average. May have earned my way out of the "Paper Hat Brigade". Cleaned out the spent primers after returning from spending more recently. Last time I cleaned up was just after Christmas last year. Here is what was in the catch. About 25% more in the bottom of my shop vac.

[Linked Image]

Decided to weigh this batch. 5 pounds 6 ounces. Removing consideration of the bag and figurin' a pound is 7000 grains, with a spent large rifle primer weighing in at ~4.3 grains, I figure I've burned (at least) little north of 8000 primers this year.

Of course I have several batches of dough that need to be put in the oven...

Maybe not as much as some shoot, but I'm bettin' a little more than "average". (Grin)

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson