Ok, ok...I'm here... Mac has been running me ragged...two 200 mile motorcycle "outings" that I almost didn't come back from and then fishing and John Wayne movies yesterday...

The trip since leaving Huntsman's place has been great. I spent the next night in Grand Junction visiting with a long time friend... One interesting thing occurred...he went to show me his carry gun, one of a matched set of S&W 342s....and...

[Linked Image]

....the barrel was missing.... A call to S&W in the morning resulted in a faxed prepaid mailer.... The gun is a .357 Magnum that had 30 rounds of .38 Special 158 grain RNL ammo through it...

Took I-80 west out of SLC to see the great salt lake and salt flats. Saw one guy in a what looked like a Honda Accord who had decided to do a doughnut on the flats sunk up to the frame....about 50 miles from the nearest wrecker. Made it to Mac's Friday night after 14 hours of driving...

The next morning we were out on the bikes, KLR650s, for a "short" run...that ran 225 miles and 7 hours....

[Linked Image]

This is the "most remote town" in the lower 48.... The last 15 miles is one lane dirt...and going out down hill was almost my last 15 miles ever...missed one pile of rocks by inches...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The ride across the sagebrush flats at 70 mph was aggravated by 35 mile mph crosswinds...but we made it home to an elk steak dinner...

Sunday we were out early heading for some place with the ominous name of "City of Rocks"... It was almost the last resting place of Mac as he decided to play mountain goat and the next thing I see is him running down a cliff face heading for the 15' drop at the bottom....

[Linked Image]

...and there were more people out there free climbing the peaks...

[Linked Image]

By the end of the second day of riding the fingers of my left hand no longer worked... Took two days for everything to come back...

Yesterday we went fishing along the Snake River canyon east of Twin Falls...just a beautiful place...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/alb...14/20140728_102821_zpsbc09d7d7.jpg[/img]

Today I am playing computer catchup...

To be continued....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....