Balanced diet Mark....balanced....

My driveway at home in NH is 380' above sea level...Mackays cabin is at 6750'..the "hill" behind the cabin is 8600' and where the sagebrush is that is our handgun target is 7200'.

Well one of us got the bright idea of putting a target up there that we could see better. Mackay has a 24" gong at 110 yards that we use for a handgun target and he proposed to move it up there... I wasn't sure it would give any better target picture than the sagebrush so in looking over the pile of scrap lumber out hack found a nice 3x3' piece of chipboard. So Sunday I humped two 5' t-posts up the hill...no small feat for me...

Monday I borrowed a post pounder from the neighbor but instead of humping it and the plywood all the way from the cabin, decided to "drive" them up instead... So I loaded them into the Ford diesel truck and started climbing... I must be sufferining from oxygen starvation as the higher I drove the flatter it seemed...except reason kept telling me that looking from the porch it was STEEP up there.. Well when I passed Mackay's 800 yard gong I knew something wasn't right so about 20 yards past the gong I stopped to unload the plywood and post pounder...and IT WAS VERY STEEP!!!

Now going up and coming down is one thing...but how does one turn around without rolling over... So very carefully I executed a nice gentle K-turn until the nose was pointed down hill and put the tranny in Low Range 1st Tow and walked the truck back down....

This is a shot of the whole draw behind the cabin...

[Linked Image]

This is a telephoto shot of the truck tracks going up. Where they end is where the 800 yard gong is and I turned left at the gong and kept going up the hill another 20 yards or so...

[Linked Image]

Yesterday was the first absolutely cloudless day since I came here on Ausgust 1st. The Mackay/Challis area have had record rains this year. Last year Mackay and I set up targets across the dry Mackay reservoir and could easily see the puffs of dirt from the bullet impact out to 550 yards....this year it is all green grass and too boggy to even walk out there. So it was a wonderful day to take a ride on the motorcycle...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scenery is just spectacular...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/alb...14/20140901_141013_zps235e30a4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/alb...14/20140901_141034_zps6225c070.jpg[/img]

Rode a little under 200 miles total and could not have been nicer...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....