Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Knowing that grips are easy to change. It is lucky for me that Mountain Gun is in your AO rather than mine.

A 4 inch Mountain Gun is on my very short list, but my toy budget is already committed for the rest of this year. (and probably part of next)

i took mine out of the safe last night to look at it again. it is the "stainless?" version. a little different than the regular 57 with the tapered barrel etc. I was googlefoing about it and read where it was not a good target gun because of the tapered barrel. Couldn't prove it to me, it shoots good. It has a smooth trigger, and smaller hammer spur where i kind of prefer the target hammer and trigger. Has a pinned in black front sight and i was gogglefoing looking for replacement options. I have to say it locks up like a swiss watch. I paid at the top end, at the time, for it at the pawn shop it was at, but in hindsight looking at prices last night my price is kind of at the bottom of the current range. Not that i would sell it anyway. With the hogue grips and tapered barrel it does have a different feel to it. I have to get out and fire some .41, to get some brass casings back, they are all currently stuffed, so i can put together some loads with a few bullets bob sent me. I think mine was built in 2003 as it is a 4. Just before they started adding the lock, but not pinned, and a crush fit barrel. Cylinder is not recessed either. I don't think it makes any difference. one of the reasons i pulled it out as it has a crush fit barrel is to see if it had a bubble ring on it as it is described due to the tightening and a "hump". It didn't
i might add there is no feel of metal in either single or double action, which is that typical smith action, or the way it should be.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/16/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO