Sorry I have out of touch for a while...things got a little "busy" here....

65BR go over to the Smith-Wesson Forums and check the 1960-1980 and 1980-Present Boards...there are stickies there that have serial numbers dates attached to them...

Since I last wrote, Mackay and I came up to his cabin north on Mackay on Saturday. After we unpacked we went for a motorcycle ride and did some fishing. I managed to catch my first western Rainbow Trout and Mac managed to cast his pole tip down stream...

Saturday evening we started doing some long range handgun shooting...warmed up a little on a 24" gong at 75 yards than then picked a spot on the hill behind the cabin that had one small sagebrush in the middle of some sand...at a lasered 780 yards. It was pretty easy shooting with my Freedom Arms 654 .41 Mag. that has a Clements long range front sight. Fully elevated it was right on the money at 800...so it was just a matter of keeping the hold while squeezing. Mac was shooting his 4" Model 29 and had to use 1/2 the barrel to get rounds up there. I gave him the FA and he hit the bush with the second round...

Sunday was The Ride From Hell.... We were in the mountains across the street from the cabin when Mac took the wrong turn that ended in a deadend canyon... I crashed three times but fortunately neither I nor the bike was damaged.... After the last crash however the plug fowled and the bike had to be run at high RPMs or it would die. Mac is 20 yeas younger than I am and is a lot stronger...we switched bikes and he was ableto muscle it the 5 miles back to the start of uncivilization...

Just before the wrong turn...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one is for Huntsman....

[Linked Image]

Sunday evening we shot long range rifle out to 800 yards. Mac has steel up in the hills behind the cabin and it is always fun trying to judge the wind in Idaho...

Monday morning we went riding around places in the outback that I would not take my bike...but that little STOCK Nissan truck just keeps on moving...

Did some more long range shooting out to about 450 yards. This time I used the USFA Clements .44 Special that also has a long range front sight...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

At one point we found a spot that had small cave openings...and looked occupied... One had an opening about 18" wide and 3' tall... We were dropping bullets into the cave from 300 yards. No one came out..

This Mount Bora across the street from the cabin...it is the highest peak in Idaho...a pleasure to see everyday...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/alb...14/20140804_065304_zpse7fd4aac.jpg[/img]

My battery is about to go so that is all for now...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....