Well I made it home... After spending the weekend with my aunt, uncle and cousin I took off at 0430 yesterday from Buffalo. I was going to just take I-90 the whole way back to NH but instead opted to take the shorter in miles but slightly longer in time route through the back roads. It was a nice drive and the leaves are changing...

There were no further problems with the trailer. Total mileage on the truck from driveway to driveway was 9837 miles....about $3200 in fuel. Was gone from July 15th till October 6th and only spent two nights in hotels. The rest was spent with family, friends or camping out. In addition there was another 2900 miles put on the motorcycle....

The trip could have happened without friends, but friends are what turned a "trip" into a "trip of a lifetime". Last year I said to I believe Mackay something about welcoming a stranger into his home and treating them like family. His reply was "Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet".

So to all my old friends and new friends who made this trip so fantastic I say thank you. And to the rest of you out there, if you have the chance to make a CF friend, do it. You have a lot to gain and little to loose...

The Harley-Davidson folks say it isn't the destination but the journey. I think it is the friends one makes along the way that really counts.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....