Originally Posted by RJM
Well when I got to Wapti the place was mostly closed up for the season..so on to Cote I rode.. Found the same EXCELLENT BBQ place and had a great meal. It was then about 1500.

[Linked Image]

With all due respect RJM, if you went to Cody without visiting the Buffalo Bill Historical Center you can be charged with criminal negligence!! :-) As a gun-guy, it is THE destination whether you're an aficionado of Smith 41 mags or early Winchesters and Colts---you can spend a couple of days JUST in the gun wing of the museum and leave with sensory overload. Also, if you came out the east gate of the park and went to Bubba's, you drove right pass Wyoming Armory (it's west, just past the Rodeo-grounds). Keith Kilby is building custom rifles there that worth stopping to see---he's also building a Winchester High Wall that is parts-interchangable with the originals and he's getting spectacular accuracy from them. Also the Linebaugh's are in Cody--since you're a magnum revolver guy, you'd like seeing them (although I think that John actually lives over in Powell).
A couple of months ago, I walked into the bar at the Irma Hotel and Jim Zumbo was being interviewed for a TV show. It's a shooter/gun-guy/hunters mecca of sorts.

Seriously, for a gun-guy to visit Northwestern Wyoming and not go to the museum would be like a veteran going to Washington DC and not visiting Arlington Cemetery.

JMO, YMMV.

FWIW, I'm jealous---you trip sounds great.

Last edited by gmoats; 09/25/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.