So Saturday morning we out in the field by dawn....with Travis blowing waaaaaaa...waaaaaaa.....in the middle of what looks like a pool table with stubble...

[Linked Image]

And up over a small rise about 80 yards out comes this trotting coyote... Have him all lined up but made two mistakes...I didn't wait for him to stop...and lead him too much...so one stand and one blown coyote...

[Linked Image]

...so we drive to stand number II...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This time I see the dog coming it over 100 yards out... He is coming right down the fence line and is going to run over me...

About 80 yards out it stops and looks...but continues. About 60 yards out it leaves the fence and is going to cross in front of me...so I get the rifle up and start swinging with him wait for him to stop...and about 50 yards out he swaps ends in mid stride and is now full back toward the the fence...I get off two shots before he goes out of sight and then he comes into Travis' field of fire but he is at full speed at more than 100 yards...

So we try spot number III...and this is a 100% spot...except this time because the field is full of cows....

So we go around to the backside of the field but strike out...

[Linked Image]

Coyotes 2..... Bob 0

So we head for lunch....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....