Doc..it was a spinning rod...he got hung and as he was pulling the line back and forth trying to free it the tip loosened and I think when the line popped the second rod section took off..he tried to catch up with it but the current was too fast... That stream dries up a little ways down stream and one afternoon I am going to see if I can find it...

Mac left Monday afternoon and after a day of work is now at a three day rifle course at Thunder Ranch. Since he left I have been doing a lot of stuff around the cabin that he just doesn't have time for..having a full time job and family...

Yesterday I took a ride up to Challis that is 28 miles north. Really nice little town that is dying due to the closing down of timering, mining and most of the elk in the area being killed off by wolves...out of staters don't bother to come back after a year or two without even seeing an elk. And now if Obamasan signs off on the newest national monument the town will really be toast. There just isn't enough tourists in the area to support the economy. I spent money there instead of waiting till I go back down to Twin Falls just to help out.

From there I went north up 93 to Salmon, the long time home of Elmer Keith. Saw the small display they have for him in the county historical building. Very interesting place. All along the road there were places to camp and fish along the river...and was no one there. I also came to realize that I have more guns than all the gunshops in Challis and Salmon combined...especially handguns...didn't see a S&W or Colt one... After talking for a while in one shop I brought in my "travel case". These guys had never even held a Freedom Arms or USFA revolver...

PO a long way from anywhere...

[Linked Image]

...right where the rivers join...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The weather here where the cabin is has been great...mostly cloudy but almost no rain. This morning it was in the 50s and warmed up to about 80 but then a storm came down the valley and cooled things off to 62....and it actually rained for 15 minutes...two miles east I watched it pour going south for an hour...

This morning there was no wind so I got out the Ruger GSR with 2-7 Burris scope...set a target up at a lazered 360 yards and calibrated where I needed to hold on the Ballistic-Drop reticel. Then on to a rock that was about 18x24 at 555 yards...no problem smacking that using the #3 holdover wire..

[Linked Image]

Wrangler who drove a heard up right behind my target stand....

[Linked Image]

Storm over Mt. Bora that cooled things down this afternoon...

[Linked Image]

...a nice place to be thanks to Mac...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....