Originally Posted by heavywalker
I do think it is funny how big of a deal people make over the broken petals, hence the dreaded petal remark. Both bullets performed just fine IMO. I was surprised to find them both after all the talk about way over penetration.

750 yards is pushing the limits of what that bullet should be used for in that cartridge. Wouldn't be my first choice for shots that long that is for sure

There is some irony, I think, in the apparent detail that the TT versions of the X seem to be coming back around to what the old XFB was designed to do - and generally worked well doing. There seemed to be great resistance to them, yet as soon as they were shooting well everyone forgot about the complaints of penciling and/or lost petals. The TSX actually seemed to be worse overall in terms of terminal performance (owing to the fact that the generally tighter expansion of the petals meant less chance of losing petals while creating more of a penciling effect). The TT versions seem to resolve much of the expansion problem that hard alloy bullets seem prone toward. The best-looking expansions I've seen recovered have nearly always also had some missing copper - and no complaints on their killing quickly either. Non-expansion has always been the worst problem I've experienced. (Even the old 2 in < 1 MOA and 3 in 2 MOA were never a problem for me when it came to bringing meat home.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.