I'd prefer to update it, as I did this data, but right now don't have the time. May do it in the next few days. What I remember is animal lung-shot with Partitions averaged about 35 yards before falling.

The basic indication of the data is that the more weight bullets lose the quicker they kill, assuming penetration to the other side of the chest. This correlates with what many (but not all) forensic ballisticians believe, because more weight-loss results in more destruction to the vitals.

It also correlates with extensive field-testing from several bullet companies, including those in Europe, where a lot of hunting is done on small properties. An animal that dies on a neighbor's property belongs to the neighbor.

One well-known company over there once killed over 500 animals in testing new bullets, and the one they decided to sell as their "stopper" of smaller game such as roe and fallow deer, or mouflon sheep, was a semi-fragmenting type.

This doesn't mean bullets that don't lose weigh won't kill well, but as many of us have noted, they often kill quickest when shot into shoulders, partly because shattered bone then acts as secondary fragments, damaging more tissue.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck