John, you never have to justify liking or disliking any bullet for me.

We all get to liking what we like. Long as it works for us thats all that matters.

I had forgotten about how slow the 308 is... you are probably dead on there in regards to damage. I forgot that I looked at those wounds and thought how much perfect they were to me and hence would not use them in my 300s.. unless I went up and I don't think they make any over 210 and that might not be stout enough for my tastes.

In regards to damage, I have NO clue on how a bullet that stays in one piece mostly, can do more damage than ones that come apart but we've seen that quite often too, and to top it off, its internal to teh organs... it rarely does anything to the meat... that one baffles the hell out of me. But it happens and I'm not unhappy about it.

In fact am going to see how light I can find barnes in .277 for my buddies dad... his shot placement approaching 90 isn't all that great.... 130 interlocks have been ok but if i can find say a 90 ttsx and run it a bit faster than 3000 somehow of course... we may have to experiment...
If he wasn't so stubborn I'd buy him a 257 wtby....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....