Originally Posted by Mule Deer

The most curious aspect was with TSX's the rate of spin in the cavity increased as the bullet penetrated deeper, but in the cavity from standard bullets the rate of spin remained the same throughout. In fact, with most bullets you could measure a complete turn in the cavity, and it would perfectly match the rifling twist of the barrel it was fired from: If the barrel's twist was 1-10, then the bullet would spin one turn in 10" inside the wax. But if the bullet was a TSX (or any other "petal" type bullet) the rate of spin increased throughout the wound channel.

Well that seems to kill the RPM theory mentioned above.

If a bullet started out at X RPM, but then lost velocity much faster than it lost RPMs, shouldn't a 1-10 twist rifle look like a faster twisted gun at impact?

What you're telling me is what Ingwe initially thought: a bullet fired out of a 1-10 twist gun makes a complete revolution once for every 10 inches it travels the entire length of its trajectory, losing RPMs at the same rate as velocity.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.