I've read this thread and have a couple thoughts to add.

I come from the camp that believes deer may travel a little farther after being hit by a TSX -- the TTSX may fair a little better from what I've seen.

With that being said, I primarily hunt with TTSX's (actually exclusively this year). I use other bullets too, simply because I like trying other stuff.

I also come from the camp that believes speed kills -- or the trauma from speed accelerates the kill. I like driving mono's fast, from fast twist barrels. I think twist helps in the killing process, buts that's another topic.

I've killed deer with about every bullet imaginable and I can honestly say no bullet compares to the mono's when talking lack of meat trauma.

My son killed a small doe late yesterday afternoon. He was using a RAR 223 and a 50 TTSX. The range was about 75 yards. He hit the doe on the on shoulder and the bullet exited just behind the opposite shoulder, blowing through a rib, then hide. The deer made a 30 yard death run and collapsed.

[Linked Image]

The heart/lung area was jello. There was trama at the exit, but a lot of bone was being pushed as well. It was to get warm today, so I skinned it early and got it on ice.

This is the entrance wound....

[Linked Image]

The deer was hanging when I took the picture -- that's why the hole looks oblong. When the leg is picked up to mimic the standing position, the hole looks round....and it's round all the way through the shoulder. The back side of the shoulder had the "jello" under the membrane, but it came clean after pulling the membrane then washing.

I see examples like above quite often with mono's and that's why I continue to use them. They may run a little farther than they would have with a cup and core bullet, but I've yet to loose one. I've never worried about blood trails when I can see them fall...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!