Originally Posted by Romney2016
jeffbird brags about shooting piggies in the head. I have yet to meet or read of any respected big game hunter who advocates shooting anything except Elephants in the head.

No bragging involved, just sharing some facts. While it may not be in your magazine subscriptions, spend time with those doing some culling and you will see that head shots are common. You remain the only "hunter" that I've encountered that intentionally and consistently goes for the butt and gut. Is there anyone other than you that advocates that?

An ethical hunter takes shots he knows he can make.

I agree. And so you go for butt and gut shots, and this is our meat, so I prefer shot placement elsewhere. He never heard this one coming. wink

[Linked Image]

While I could be wrong, I think the is the primary objective is making a clean one shot kill�. Anyone who thinks a rear quartering shot or even one between the rear hams damages edible meat really doesn't know much about animal anatomy.

Wow, here we go again, you intentionally butt shoot animals, and you think you are the paragon of hunting ethics? Wow! [Linked Image]

Many bullets like match bullets or Bergers used by some uninformed folks would not have made it through a paunch.

Maybe everyone else is aiming somewhere other than the butt or guts?

Like this?

Shooting birds/clay birds and 4 position rifle shooting are far better training for real hunting than sitting at a benchrest.

Hmm�. I shot a few clays back in the day.

[Linked Image]