Hahaha. "Skull shuckers. Effortlessly Strip that skull of eyes, brains and horns in moments." I thanked him again the other day for saving me all that cape and skull weight on the pack out. Alot of guys are just totally self serving and would want to preserve all the trophy they could knowing they'd be carrying the same load down the hill either way- but not Riley.... If I'd known he was gonna give it that treatment I wouldn't have carried anything but a daypack. Thrown a quarter in it and put each horn in one of the little pockets on my carharrts and called it good.

Do you know offhand how fast your 7/08 and 7x57 120 ttsxs are going? If I felt like I was able to start them @ 3k I'd be pretty happy- but I don't think I'm there and I don't have any chrony access down here.

This is the conundrum- I hate trying to milk fps from a short rifle and a common sense cartridge but legitimately- if I can't start one @ 3k fps or more- I'm less enthralled by mono's. I'm comfortable with 130's in a 308, 150's no so much. And 100s in a bob are tits and I have *reason to believe* I could do with 80s or 85s whichever it is in that same cartridge though I see no reason to go smaller than 100.

7mm08 doesn't quite have a tsx that I can get completely onboard with. Though I know it's going to all work out fine- and ill be happy with the 120's... I just need to shut up and shoot them.