Jordan I understand what you are saying. smile

Everyone likes to say the bullet only turns over 1-1.5 times in traveling through an animal, but expansion in that time is the same thing...it's only in an animal for a short period of time, too and look what happens...I mean looking at film of expanding bullets in medium...in that short distance and span of time the bullet is causing a great deal of damage and expands very rapidly.

It's been proven countless times and observed by lots of knowledgeable people over the years that rapid twist helps bullet expansion (no it's not solely responsible but contributes),and manifests itself with larger wound channel, or more "lift" on varmints....first mention I ever heard of any of this stuff was from John Jobson years ago...he wrote of his observations but never got into "why".

Like Varmints posted above,Bill Steigers used to tell me the faster twist also contributes to keeping the bullet point on in the animal after impact.This helps penetration...so I am hearing the same things here, today, that Bill was telling us in the 70's and 80's. of course he did a lot of testing on the matter as well.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.