I personally don't think they do produce more damage than anything else. When I used to shoot C&Cs sometimes I did produce really nasty holes.

But... I am not at all sure that they do not produce pretty well equal damage over the longer run.

Of the four that dropped in their tracks last week, the one am butchering today had all but an inch of about 1/2 the diameter of the onside humerus just plain gone, and the remnants of the bone were pretty well reduced to BB sized gravel throughout the wound channel of that leg. I am sure some of that bone was lost in the chest, but the off side hole only had a few chips. All four of these were hit ahead of the crease. All four the lungs were just red soup, and the remnants of the heart were loose.

I will grant this regarding them, This was just plain killing to get rid of some of the overpopulation in my neighborhood. As such I wanted them down now instead of ending in front of one or another of my neighbor's dining room windows at supper time. And, there is some difference between a T-EZ and a TSX or TTSX. But, the holes were absolutely consistent with a whole bunch of them I have killed with X, TSX and TTSX bullets.

If you take all 8 deer I described above, the average distance traveled after the hit is 70 feet or 23.33 yards if I added them all correctly in my head. Still not a number that means anything to me. The three that I shot with the CF guns I was killing but conserving meat The five I shot with the ML rifle I wanted them all on the ground ASAP. The CF rifle kills were pretty typical of my experience with monos and deer shot with the intent to conserve meat excepting those I clip the brain stem on. Almost without exception The heart(remnants)is loose in the chest and the lungs are red soup. That, from any angle I put the bullet in. The deer I have done that to with C&Cs in the past were about as variable in the distance they ran.

Off hand, I cannot think of a deer I wanted on the ground right now with a mono that didn't comply. I do not shoot real long range, but my average runs about 130ish, which for Minnesota is probably more than twice the average. I do not think my experience is representative of many deer hunters. I have not had to be concerned about GETTING a deer. I have been able to pick and choose for a long time. I frequently watch a deer for an hour or more before I decide it looks tasty enough. I prefer shooting nice fat fawns or yearlings because I only shoot for my table. That more than likely skews what happens because the deer tend to be smaller.

My experience may well be distorted too, because I have seen a lot of deer hit with C&C bullets run a long ways. That includes deer where the bullets deflected of a rib and the deer went a hell of a distance before I stopped it. Something think should be considered as part of the C&C experience. Something which I have never seen a mono do which is part of that experience.