I ran into a pack of wolves twice back in 08 on Ft Rich (south side of the Glenn) while bow hunting for moose. One time they were feeding on a bow killed moose shot the day before and the other time I was sitting on a spot where a friend of mine had killed a bull a few weeks prior near upper Campbell Creek.

Both times the wolves were less than 25 yards from me, kinda gave me the creeps, especially when I caught one of them trying to circle me from behind. I was carrying my 44 so I wasn't too worried but it still made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

The time I was hunting off my buddies stand (there was snow on the ground) my buddy and I were coming back out after having those wolves come into my bull grunts, there were fresh brown bear tracks over ours and you could see where he walked into the woods about 50 yards from our stand. He must have heard us coming and got off the trail to let us pass.

I still believe to this day that he was coming to calls and I'm glad we stopped when we did.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead