Had a momma moose back me up into the brush so far I couldn't back up any farther. Two more aggressive steps on her part and my Redhawk would have left powder burns on her snout.

Had a grizzly circling us one time in heavy brush. Huffed at us a couple times. Backed out and got out of there.

Had to shoot a big sow on Kodiak while goat and deer hunting. She had two 2-year old cubs with her. Was definitely not a false charge. We were on a small hill and as they got close (about 50 yards), and it was obvious our paths were going to collide, I raised my arms and yelled. She stood up, looked at up, dropped down and came at a dead run. Because of the tall grass and the rise of the hill I couldn't really see her once she dropped down, I could only the grass parting as she came. I shot her at about 5 yards. Luckily it rolled her downhill. My second shot killed her. By this time she was about 40 yards away and she rolled down into the alders.

Waited about 30 minutes and went to find her and then ran into the cubs down in the alders. Fired a couple shots and ran them off. Left for the evening and came back the next morning. Had to run the cubs off again, but finally found the sow. Skinned her out and turned the hide and skull over to F&G.

Had a few black bear run-ins as well, but they were not nearly as exciting. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~