Originally Posted by cwh2
I've gotten between cow moose and calf a few times. Some cows don't even like you in the same zip code as a calf. Been chased by a couple young bulls too in Kincaid park, which I never quite figured out. At least I'm not alone: http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/hunting-moose-in-kincaid-park-this-is-one-mans-proposal/30594824

We had a grizzly walk right to us after shooting a black bear a few years back, and then cut the black bear up in the alders not terribly sure where mr grizz had gone. Walking out with one headlamp between the two of us wasn't terribly comforting.

Had an incident in the brooks with a grizz, where I was the only one with a gun, which resulted in my buddy buying an airweight 44. But everyone survived.

As far as potential for disaster, this seems in hindsight to be pretty high on the list:
[Linked Image]

90lb lab for size comparison:
[Linked Image]

But nothing happened....

only God and that wolf knows why. we lose dogs here all the time to Wolves

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~