a moose and a couple griz... one young griz was on his moose calf kill ..me in a raft, 43 miles off the haul road by myself, the brach of the river was no more than 16' wide I was floating the 8' raft and 8 drums of fuel floating with me all daisy chained together ie: a stash of fuel.... buddy with a plane to pick me up the next day (it was 45 days before m-season) I was in the rock free, deep part (20") of the crick, a foot of so off the/a 3 foot cut bank to my back, seen a cow hurry across the river down stream 150/200yds ..hummm, cow no calf here in the end of july =that not good ..then I hear a noise behind me ...I was sitting on a tube and stood up to turn around and > SUPRISE !! face to face with the bear at spiting distance ...we scared the chit out of each other is was knee deep in moose calf eating ..hair all out.... then the jaw popping started getting his spit on my arm...me!!! ..I'm sure I was white and speechless, still floating tho, I looked at my all closed up tite-water proof bag with my .44 all safe and dry inside shocked the next thing I did was grab my canoe paddle/s and held it over my head like a 100" moose AND I scream like a little girl !! he ran off into the brush I paddled/pushed >like the dickens to the other bank!! then i got my .44 out and lobed "2" in just over the brush ..loud in that canyon! needless to say I was about a 1/2 mile from where I was to camp ...no... no ...I went 2 more miles down/till I could locate water enough for the float plane landing zone/ lucky I had a boat to plane radio ..so I could tell him the new spot that I ended up! the other bear deal I had ...while calling moose ..the grass was rolling to me as I called ...wft???..i stood up to see a big azz "flat" bear crawling/ sneaking up on me !!! again screaming BEAR !!! To this day I will not forget what it feels like to be hunted, I was on the only bump/high spot for a few hundred yards, I looked down on/at him..it could have been bad...very bad the look on his face for being caught was as priceless as I'm sure mine was..my moose story is long but I've posted it here or over on ak outdoor forms years ago ..I fought with a twice shot moose and went into a pond after him> to chase his dying azz out so we didn't have to clean in water/ mud ....whatever u do in life DO NOT touch a 50+ moose's rack while both of you are standing belly deep in a icy pond ...at least not while he is alive !!!!#$%^&*( eek eek

I work harder than a ugly stripper....