Times and people change! When I started shooting at Camp Perry in 1960 there were several thousand competitors every year! I spent four years instructing in the Small Arms Firing School and I hope I helped many people! In recent years the attendance has dropped way down from past years and I really hate to see that. The introduction of other venues involving shooting has distracted from what is really in my opinion the best method of teaching marksmanship ever invented aka The National Match course of fire in conjunction with the Prone Long Range Matches using iron sights...or in the event of Any Any Rifle allowing a scope.

I've gotten old now and with a lower lumbar that my Doc says is 'shot' I can no longer shoot the prone or sitting position. But I'll never forget the 'cling' of an empty National Match M1 clip ejecting the rifle and looking through the spotting scope and seeing ten rounds dead center of the 300 yard rapid fire target! The next command from Ole Sarge was "Police up your brass and move back to the 600."

No...noone knows ALL ABOUT RIFLES....but keep on writing!!

Good day gents!

Even birds know not to land downwind!