I didn't want to babble about myself here, and still abhor the idea, but now it looks like I hafta say something.

A number of the fellows have been asking what I've written � especially what books I've written.

Forget it!

I haven't kept track and wouldn't go back and compile a list if I knew how to do that. I've been writing since 1946, published since 1947. The dozens, possibly hundreds, of books that I've done were almost all about stuff so seriously classified that I wasn't qualified to read 'em (no "need to know") after they were published. All that I'll say here is that they covered several kinds of materi�l and techniques from outer space to deep-ocean "exploration."

I usually didn't know what agency or what ultimate use they were really for. Only lately have I learned that some of 'em, for example, were for the CIA. I don't even remember the title of one big work, the encyclopedia of biological and chemical warfare. Some of the superclassified weapons systems that I did the books for are now obsolete. One was so tightly classified that I was one of only four people on the proving ground who were privy to all the details of it � what the thing was, its target effects, how to deploy it, how to counter it, etc. Everybody there worked on it, but each group was privy to only its own rigidly compartmented mission. Not even the commanding officer was allowed to know all that we four were required to know.

My clearances have all expired, but I still consider myself under oath, so I'm not about to reveal anything that I swore not to.

So forget it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.