Butch, thank you for forwarding my post to Mr. Carmichael... that was very thoughtful of you - and I really appreciate his reply. Thanks again!

Growing up reading O'Connor fueled my desire to hunt and shoot. When Carmichael�s reign began, I was entering adulthood, and he fill my need for "how to" achieve and be proficient with a hunting rifle. His engineering and shooting background dovetailed my exact needs at the time... What he penned in his articles, proved to be correct by my experiences in the field.

My two most favorite books in my library are "The Hunting Rifle" by O'Connor and "The Modern Rifle" by Carmichael. I have almost warn the ink off the pages of those two over the years. They became my bible, both Old and New Testament. I shouldn't admit this, but I can recite some memorable paragraphs word for word as they were written... Am I addicted or what?

Next month my son goes on his first sheep hunt, a Desert Bighorn in Nevada... As with all things, the cycle of life continues. Ovis_Chaser