Mr. Wright

I used to get Precision shooting. It was a very good read. You have created rifles that look to me to be some of the best I've seen.

I have a couple of stories on hunting in the cold. One I'll remember:
We were muzzle loader hunting in the Sand Lake refuge near Aberdeen, SD. We were using 54 caliber rifles made from Lyman kits. I forget the year, but I believe it was in the 70's. The temperature - a high of 40 degrees below. I belly crawled up to a small 4x4 and had troubles and ended up loading a double load of FF, about 240 grains, I think, behind a Maxi-ball. I got a kick out of that.
We didn't have a lot of cash. The money we had went to Budwieser and hamburgers. We had planned on camping out, but it was too damn cold. We found a very cheap motel room (about $5 each). There were five of us and there was a small double bed. The lucky ones slept on the concrete floor, The bed had about the same slope as a hammock - the guys on the bed got cozier than planned.
In the morning, showers were in order and we soon realized that we needed to pick up our sleeping bags post haste as the water from the shower drained into the bed area to a drain in the middle of the floor.

Last edited by Bugger; 05/23/18.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally