Originally Posted by 1flier
Steve,

Thanks for the insight and pics. So typical of you...ask for 2 cents worth and you throw in a C-note. You are a giver and most of us appreciate it. Shame on those who don't.

I was somewhat familiar with your background from the scores of posts I've had the pleasure of reading. I was hoping for just a bit more and you didn't disappoint. I still wish you were writing but I can accept the fact that that part is over.

Best to you & Karen

Rick

Friend Rick,

Absolutely no problem. Actually, it was kinda fun, looking back upon a very active life and I didn't even mention the shotgunning aspect of it.

Did you know that my dad and I once owned the "Two In A Family" .410 Skeet World Record? In the Oregon State Championships, Dad shot (with his silly Krieghoff) a 197, while I used my el-cheapo Remington 1100 to shoot a 198. Our aggregate was a 395. Our World Record held for about a couple of years and then was eclipsed by one clay.

As I mentioned, something I will always regret is not pursuing the big game writing thing. I really had so much to offer, but the opportunity and the years are gone now.

And I'm tired.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397