...I don't think I once asked myself what's this guy's background or education level.
Which is why I don't generally go flaunting my resume...It doesn't impress me that much and it's probably even less impressive to others.

At the end of the day, who wrote the story and the author's story is of much less significance than the story itself. Each article must stand on the merits of the article, not the person who wrote it. It's either a good article or its not. Either the writer is right or he's wrong.

I've read outstanding articles from some shady writers. There are writers who I have a lot of respect for and those whom I hold in complete contempt. Regardless, I'll read what they have to say and if it's a good article, it doesn't matter who's name is attached to it.

Writers like the ones on this forum (myself excluded), have built a good reputation for themselves over the years by consistently producing quality work. They get that good name by never leaning on their good reputation to back something up that should be backed up with facts.

Me, I have a looong way to go...But I hope to have fun in the process.