Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by RBO
I was talking to Melvin last week, he has nothing to do with the Fieldcraft rifles. They might look like a Forbes creation but they are in fact a separate entity.

What about them looks like a Forbes? The action has milled out flats on each side. Is it a Forbes size action or is it a 700 size action that has been lightened?

I'm not sure about the Fieldcraft rifles, I've never seen one in real life, all I've seen is what's on the internet. I was just talking to Melvin the other day though and I specifically asked him if he had a deal going with Barrett on the Fieldcraft rifle and his response was "I have absolutely nothing to do with that".

I was hoping to have a Barrett Fieldcraft in my hands by now, with the SHOT Show happening this week I'm sure we'll have some new news early next week.

I'm interested and not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the original buzz about this rifle was that Barrett was taking over production of the Forbes rifles. You are saying Melvin doesn't have anything to do with it so that would indicate that it's not a stock built by Melvin and the action doesn't look like a Forbes. Whatever the action is, it is milled out on the sides to reduce weight.

None of that is necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice if more information was coming from Barrett about exactly what they are selling. it seems to me that the customers interested would be a lot more detail minded than the average Joe who only checks the price stickers at the local gun shop.