Originally Posted by bwinters
Art - a big thanks for the weights and over view. I find them interesting but for now the non-locking bolt is a deal killer. I have a M98 with a non-locking bolt and have bad it spit shells out of the chamber on more then one occasion. Before anyone comments - I do carry a bot chamber when I'm still hunting. It's pretty hard to chamber a round when a Whitetail is 20 yards away......

I hear that. In reality I have had my kimber bolt come open when strapped to my pack cause I don't carry one in the chamber when its strapped to my pack. I guess I could close the bolt on the empty chamber with go to safe but I never really bothered that much.

However when still hunting and I do have one in the chamber the rifle is in my hands, not slung over my shoulder or anything, cause if hunting that requires me to be walking around with one in the chamber for my uses then I am not going to want to have the rifle slung on my shoulder as such the bolt has never come open in my hands, maybe I am lucky. So for me the fact that the bolt doesn't lock closed isn't an issue as I don't even use that feature on my Kimber like some do I guess.

However if you do carry the rifle slung with one in the chamber while going the lots of alders and brush I suppose it could be a drawback and in that case this rifle likely isn't for you. But it don't see that being an issue for me, to each their own.