Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MCT3
PB,

It balances well. The weight of this scope did not change the balance point of the rifle without scope, which is right at the front action screw. The stock fits me well and therefore the recoil feels mild. It's a pleasure to shoot.

I keep entertaining the thought of treating myself to a premium rifle. I have had shoulder replacement surgery and don't relish the thought of touching off a high powered round from an ultralight rifle though. With a little extra weight in the scope though, these might hit a sweet spot in a 26-28 caliber offering. But I wouldn't want to kill the balance. What you have told me is encouraging.

I'll second what MCT3 said on the balance. I put a 19 oz scope on one for load development and although it does increase the overall weight, it has little effect on the balance due to the location of the scope.

I've not shot many 6.5's but the recoil was pretty quick...not abusive or harsh and the stock is a good design for handling recoil, but I was expecting less. Maybe because I'd read the reports of mild recoil. I'd been shooting a .243AI of about the same weight (with 105's) and the difference was noticeable. I guess pushing a 140 grain bullet gets it pretty close to .308 recoil levels with a 150 grain bullet. I just didn't think about it before I touched the first one off. Again, not bad, but have it snugged up to you before you squeeze.