Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Asked before but are you seeing any better groups from one particular caliber? I remember you saying the 6.5 Creedmoor did really well.Is this perhaps because of good factory ammo?

Sorry I missed this specific question.

So far the first calibers in the pipeline are 30-06, 308, 6.5 Creedmoor and 243.

308 and 6.5 Creedmoor are pretty clearly the easiest to shoot tiny groups with. It makes sense, 308 being one of the most "figured out" match cartridges and the Creed being created for that purpose.

I probably shot more than 10 different factory 308 loads in an early 21" Fieldcraft and they all shot well enough, but the two that stood out to me where Hornady Match 168 Amax and Federal Blue Box 150 grain. The cheap blue box never disappoints in about every caliber.

The 18" Creedmoor shot everything I could buy. I bet I could mix 3 rounds with different bullets in the magazine and outshoot most hunting rifles at 100 yards. This cartridge may be the end of my hand loading.

I have been shooting an 18" barreled Barrett 98B for a few years in Creedmoor and I am positive that is enough barrel.