Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Thank you for the info. Can you answer a couple more questions please?

You say the stock is the same footprint. One desirable feature of a Forbes is that Melvin's stock was so light that they could use larger barrel profiles than the Kimber Montana.
Can you give the give the muzzle dia of the 7-08-308,or tell me if it is any larger than a 7-08-308 Kimber Montana?

Just looking at the action it looks to have milled flats,similar to what someone would do to lighten a 700 action. You say the Fieldcraft has the same footprint. Is it actually lighter than a Forbes -NULA via the milled flats or is that more cosmetic in nature to distinguish it from a Forbes?

Does the safety lock the bolt?

Is the action individually pillar bedded, or bedded to a slave action like a Kimber?

Is there any accuracy guarantee? I do have very good confidence in Barrett regardless.

What is the mag box size for long and short actions?

Diameter at the muzzle is .55"

The action weight is very close. The flats do remove some weight but the rear bridge is thicker so it is kind of an offset.

The safety does not lock the bolt. It is a two position safety. The goal was simplicity and reliability.

Each barreled action is individually bedded to its respective stock. The last three digits of the serial number are engraved into the bottom of the receiver just behind the recoil lug and the imprint is visible in each bedded stock so there is no mix-up.

No stated accuracy guarantee at this point though I expect there will be because these guarantees have become a marketing necessity. I don't put much value on these guarantees personally. I see a lot of people with 4 MOA habits shooting 1 MOA rifles. I do know the acceptance standard at the factory is 3 shots 1MOA max at 100 meters. Non-compliant rifles do not ship.

Short action mag internal length = 3.02"
Long action mag internal length = 3.39"