I've been looking at these rifles and wanting one since seeing them mentioned on here. I went back and forth between this, the Howa and Montana. The Barret seemed like the best of the class but of course was the most money. One thing I have learned through experience, is it's better to get what you really want instead of settling for less and ending up spending more in the long run.

Anyway, I ordered the Barret and picked it up Friday afternoon. I mounted a Bushnell LRHS yesterday and went to shoot it today. No dies yet, so I got two boxes of Horn eldM 140's. First two shots from a clean barrel went about 1/4". Got it zeroed in two or 3 more, set turrets and cleaned it. Next 3 were at 300 and went in 1 1/2". Next 3 went into 2". Both groups were fired quickly, not letting the barrel cool between shots. Looks like we got a shooter. I ran it all the way out to 1000 yards, and it shot way better than expected. Two shots at 500 were about 3" apart and two at 1000 were about 5" apart. Other than wind getting me sometimes, the vertical in that ammo was well below a minute, closer to 1/2. I would say a deer from 0-600 yards is in trouble. I was getting about 2625 fps according to my dope, which was 10 mils at 1k.

Overall, this rifle is more than I imagined. It is very handy and fits me perfectly. It shoots way better than a 5 lb rifle has a right to and is well worth the money.