Originally Posted by Tennessee
Originally Posted by Aviator
Originally Posted by Tennessee
Every rifle is test fired from a bench by a person. The Pic bases are on the rifles so one scope can quickly be moved from rifle to rifle for 100 meter test fire. The bases are removed and reinstalled on the next batch of rifles.

Sounds cumbersome but it is way faster than leveling a scope in Talley mounts thousands of times.

How many rounds per gun do they fire? I assume they are proving 1MOA or less accuracy?

Yes, 1 MOA 3-shot groups fired at 100 meters are the acceptance standard. They all pass or they don't ship. I have seen several sub 1/2 MOA groups.

May not be a question you can answer in an open forum and I only ask out of curiosity...

Is there enough data from the test firings to conclude that a certain cartridge is more accurate in the short action 18 and 21 variation and the long action? I remember reading an article in the past where the Remington Custom Shop was able to make some general conclusions regarding cartridge's in one the their rifle models. This was several years back, I believe, when Remington was Remington.

I would love to handle one...any ideas who has them in stock in central Indiana?

The 243 and 7mm-08 definitely have my attention.

Scott

Last edited by SWJ; 05/04/17.