Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by bwinters
Thanks for the measurements - I called them and they acted like they never heard of such a thing....................

Happen weigh it?

One thing that held me back was a 2 position safety - that doesn't lock the bolt. I have a rifle like that and the bolt handle gets caught on 'stuff' and will come open. A rather inconvenient feature.

The rifle, bare and empty weighs 5#4 1/4oz... The stock alone weighs 1#12 1/8oz which seems heavy to me... and the metal parts weigh 3#8 1/8oz. The bolt by itself weighs a slick 6 7/8 oz.

The bedding job is full length and perfect. A dial indicator did not wiggle at all during torquing.

The sling studs are not to my liking, I prefer flush mounts... but there is not much to bitch about with the rifle, except...

Looking it over more carefully... the guy that came up with the idea of using three different size screws for the trigger guard and action is an idiot! Problems in the field do not get fixed best by having three different hex bits required. When he dies and goes to Hell (a given!) he will spend eternity trying to fix things just two bits short of what he needs! That would absolutely get changed immediately if I get one.

Just weighed a 308 version to see what they larger bore diameter does to the total weight...

Again this rifle looks to have exactly the same quality bedding job and workmanship as the previous one above... trigger breaks at the same 2.5#, every time.

They still have not fixed the three different size screw heads!?!?! wink

The 308 has threads for a brake with a plastic protector where the other did not.

308 model weights: 18"
The bare stock weighs a half-ounce more, at 28 5/8 ounces

The metal parts weigh 3# 5 1/8oz or 3 ounces less.

Total bare weight is 5# 1 7/8oz or 2 3/8oz less.

Just to keep all weights together...
21" 308 with VERY low serial number...
Metal 3# 6oz

Stock is much lighter at 25 1/2oz

Total weight 4# 15 1/2oz.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.