Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll try to get a report in the next couple of weeks. Waiting on brass right now...and it's crunch time at work so it may be a while. I'll at least try to get some pics and details (weights, side by side, etc) in comparison to a Montana up this weekend.

I'll really be looking forward to the full review. What's the barrel contour compared to a Montana?

You've forfeited your privilege to ask questions after a couple of invites to shoot specific rifles that you've not accepted... Nah, invite's still open and I'll try to compare the contours, hopefully this weekend.

Originally Posted by Tennessee

4. The 308 weighs five pounds flat with the 21" non-threaded barrel. As you know the weight will vary slightly by caliber and barrel length.

I threw the 21" 6.5 on a postal scale before I put it in the safe. It was a fraction of an ounce over 5lbs....so yeah, it varied a little less than slightly.

You had me scared there for a second. I will have to get over for a day soon. I'll buy some steaks if you can provide the fire. Maybe I'll have my Forbes scoped by then.