Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by SKane
If someone procures a Fieldcraft and also has a Kimber Montana, would love to see a side-by-side photo.
I'm particularly interested in the forearm length of the Fieldcraft - hopefully it's 1.5-2" longer than the Montana.

I'll do it for you Tuesday. We have a 308 on the shelf.

Thank you so much. When you post that info can you post a few more details please? Some of these questions you may not be able to fully answer but I would greatly appreciate any insight.

1.Can you tell if this is a 700 action that has had metal removed to lighten it,or is it something entirely different? How does the action and bolt diameter compare to a model 700, Forbes action,or Kimber Action?

2.Is there any information about the barrel manufacturer? Is it a recessed target crown or what?

3. I would love a picture of the bolt face to see the position of the extractor. I am interested to know if this one will have a high ejection like a Forbes or more of a 90 degree ejection.

4. Can you get us an actual weight?

I would also love to hear your impression of handling and how it compares to the Forbes and Kimber. It looks like the stock is more reminiscent of the Forbes. When this rifle was first announced,the impression I got was that Barrett was taking over the production of the Forbes rifle. Now it isn't clear what,if any, similarities the Barrett has with the Forbes.