Originally Posted by Tennessee
I can answer some of these questions with certainty.

Yes the project is definitely a GO. The first rifles are shipping within a few weeks (sorry to be vague on the time). The first rifles are shipping to the distributor Bill Hicks so dealers should look there to get them first.

The stock is the exact form of the Forbes rifle and the barreled action is the same exact footprint. That is about the end of the of the similarities. The action has several differences as it went through an almost blank-slate engineering exercise.

Feeding has been perfected. The action has seen several enhancements to assure reliable and smooth function in adverse conditions.

The bolt handle is attached by a very novel method that does not use weld or solder so there is no chance of it coming off or affecting the heat treat of the bolt body by application of heat. The bolt handle has also been extended very slightly for better hand clearance from the scope ocular.

The safety lever has been trimmed in height to tuck in close the the stock and rear tang of the recover. Less chance of inadvertent movement of the safety and bloody thumb from recoil. The safety is a simple and reliable two-position.

The scope mount interface has changed by the eleimination of the lower rear bridge height. The rear ring mounting surface is now co-radial to the front ring mounting surface. Much higher likelihood of perfect ring alignment. Mount screw holes are larger 8-40 size to combat issues with a light rifle and possible heavy recoil. Talley makes all the sizes of one piece mounts for Fieldcraft.

The 308 win weighs five pounds flat. Most importantly it SHOOTS.... I have shot it to 500 yards and it is easily sub-MOA for three shot strings. The Creedmoor is amazing with any ammo you blindly grab off the shelf.

Thank you for the info. Can you answer a couple more questions please?

You say the stock is the same footprint. One desirable feature of a Forbes is that Melvin's stock was so light that they could use larger barrel profiles than the Kimber Montana.
Can you give the give the muzzle dia of the 7-08-308,or tell me if it is any larger than a 7-08-308 Kimber Montana?

Just looking at the action it looks to have milled flats,similar to what someone would do to lighten a 700 action. You say the Fieldcraft has the same footprint. Is it actually lighter than a Forbes -NULA via the milled flats or is that more cosmetic in nature to distinguish it from a Forbes?

Does the safety lock the bolt?

Is the action individually pillar bedded, or bedded to a slave action like a Kimber?

Is there any accuracy guarantee? I do have very good confidence in Barrett regardless.

What is the mag box size for long and short actions?

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 01/21/17.